One of my goals for 2013 is to acquire as many "free" items as possible, thus establishing a "trickle income" to subsidize my disability income. Every freebie I get is either adding cash to my coffers or reducing money I would otherwise have to spend! I hope to accomplish this by either completing offers for free samples, posting "wanteds" or accepting "offers" on Freecycle, searching the web through paying browsers, reading emails, or doing surveys to rack up points to be exchanged for gift cards, magazine subscriptions, etc. I will update the tracker in my sidebar as each item is received, but will give details of my "scores" in this post.
So far in 2013:
- Two free AMC movie tickets from one of my husband's friends (he had more than he could use).
- Two $5 Amazon gift cards - Swagbucks
- One $25 Paypal gift card - MyPoints
- One Starbucks coffee - Online Freebie
- Five free K-cups when I ordered coffee for me, a machine for DS (I owe him one for his apartment as I have confiscated "his" for my sewing room), and coffee for DS to go with the machine.
- One $5 Amazon gift card - Recyclebank
- One full sized shampoo
- Eight samples of shampoo and conditioner
- Two packages of veggie seeds
- One sample of toothpaste
- One toothbrush
- One dental floss
- Two baby safety locks (they never came in time to give as part of a shower gift)
- Two protein bars
- One sample shaving cream
- Six samples of fabric softener