Wednesday, April 3, 2013

THE PAIN IS BACK AND MY FACE IS REDDER THAN EVER!

Ugh...  My rheumatologist lowered my Medrol dosage and the pain is back in my muscles and even in my JOINTS now.  And my face is redder than ever!  Amazingly, my face gets fire red like this on bad pain days, but went back to normal flesh tone for the week I was on higher steroids.  Here I am, in all my glory...NO makeup, hair not combed, glasses off...but I wanted to take a picture to show the doctor tomorrow.  I look like a clown with the red cheeks and chin...and it isn't rosacea according to the dermatologist.  He doesn't know WHAT it is!  There has to be some connection to the cause of my pain since the two go together.

Ta-Da....pitiful, huh?


I have had three separate doctors tell me I should be tested for lupus...and I have been...over and over and over and it always comes back negative! 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm hanging...I feel like the cat on the branch, hanging by the tips of my fingernails...er...claws!

    Nobody should have to walk around with a red face like me, lol. My dermatologist told me to use a foundation with green in it as regular foundation doesn't cover it. He even gave me a sample. Right...I went from looking like a clown to the lady who flies with monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh ...hang in there. Know it's got to be beyond frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hanging. If nothing else, I don't give up easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lin! I so sorry you are experiencing red face plus your joint pain. I hope your Dr's will be able to come up with a workable solution for you.

    ReplyDelete