Friday, May 10, 2019

A SUPER QUICK CRAFT...


Stirrers.  Not something I have ever really thought about...until J asked if we could buy some "reusable" stirrers.  "Why?", I asked.  "Simple, Mom", he said "when we use several spoons in a day to stir our coffee, we end up running out of spoons before the dishwasher is done running."  Hmmm.  Good idea! Now don't suggest I have him, or any other member of my family wash the one spoon.  I've had a hard enough time getting everyone to place what they have used in the dishwasher, or on the counter if the dishwasher is full or running.  Baby steps, baby steps!

When I had enough points to completely cover the cost I ordered these from Amazon.  But where to put them?  I wanted to keep them near the coffee maker, but those drawers are all full.  I searched my sewing room for somerhing to put them in. We all know how crafters tend to keep empty boxes, jars and containers in case they would become useful, LOL.  I found an empty container from my glucose tablets.  I had no trouble removing the label, but the tamper proof seal was stuck on good.  After washing the container thoroughly I used a bit of washi tape in different colors to cover the threads.  Then I used a nicer washi at the base of the threads.  My P-touch label maker and a bit more gray tape completed the project.  I'm happy with the results and I know J will be happy to see stirrers when he makes his next cup of coffee!

Toodles...


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie! Necessity is the mother of invention after all!

      Delete
  2. I did not know those were something one could buy .. how totally excellent! Good idea for storage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I just clicked over from Land of the Living Skies. I read several of your posts and enjoy your frugal retirement living ideas. I am single and into full fledged retirement = which means frugal living. I enjoy reading and coming up with new ideas. I am your new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and for following along! This retirement phase of our lives has me harkening back to our "very frugal" starting out phase. I guess life really does come full circle! I will continue to post new ideas and discoveries, so stay tuned!

      Delete