Tuesday, May 28, 2019

INCOME STREAMS....


With Dear Hubby's retirement coming in a few weeks, I am beginning to ponder different "trickle income streams" that could make our day to day living a bit easier.  I was AMAZED to see the myriad things that people list on eBay, that actually SELL!  First and foremost, I came across numerous listings selling empty blood glucose testing strip containers.  The most recent "sold" listing was for 25 containers at $10.99 with free shipping.

I have a large shoe box FULL of these containers as they seemed just too "useful" to trash.  I use them to hold insulin needles and also Skittles candy in my purse (in case I have a low sugar spell).  In my craft room I use them to hold broken sewing needles and broken pins.  When the container is full I simply duct tape it shut and discard with my trash.  I have used them in my travel sewing kit to hold pins and hand sewing needles.  They could be used to hold matches when camping, a small sewing kit, and even a container for Geocaching!  The uses are ENDLESS!

This morning I listed this lot on eBay (Please excuse the marred desk top, it's on my list of things to fix).  We shall see if they actually sell.

Toodles...

8 comments:

  1. Dang,we have oodles of those too. Might need to start saving them. Let us know how you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! I would never have considered selling these, but the most recent sale was in April of this year...so there must be an interest!

      Delete
  2. There are some very strange things for sale on eBay. I hope you do well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn. I've thrown a kazillion away. I often tried to think of a craft use for them. I'll be curious to see if they sell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious too! I specifically looked up the "sold" items, so someone somewhere bought them, lol.

      Delete
  4. Wow .. hope you can make some money off those. Gotta say .. they are nifty containers .. I have had trouble putting mine in the recycling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots more still in my craft room. I keep finding more and more uses for them!

      Delete