Sunday, December 8, 2019

MAKING MY FOOTPRINT SMALLER, MORE SENSIBLE, AND MORE FRUGAL...


My goal for the future is to reduce my carbon footprint while reducing my outlay of cash.

I know you have seen my handmade Christmas bags in the past, LOL.  They are convenient, cheap (if I purchase the holiday fabric after Christmas), and waste free!  It is just SO much easier to place a gift in a bag and tie it shut; and the savings to the planet and my purse each year is substantial!

For the past several years I have used card stock tags printed from the internet.  While nice, they have become creased, crumpled and unsightly.  So, this year I decided it was time to "upgrade" my tags just as I had my bags!


I purchased a laminator from Amazon, along with a pack of 3 mil pouches.  Yes, it was money out of my pocket, but the long term benefits far out weigh the financial hit.  Oh My Goodness, I am in LOVE!  The type A, perfectionist, organizing maven hiding inside of me couldn't be any happier!!!  My brain is just swirling with ideas needing an upgrade with lamination! 


I printed out new card stock tags and with a black Sharpie added the first initial (s) or name of our family members.  I even included a few blank tags on which I can write names with a Sharpie on top of the laminate and wipe it off with an alcohol prep for reuse after the gift is opened. 


The tags came out perfectly laminated on my first try!  Easy Peasy!!


Next I cut them apart and punched holes so that the tags could be threaded onto the bag ties.  GRRR...my hole punch isn't quite long enough to center the hole.  Oh well, maybe I can ask Santa to bring me a new punch!  With AC Moore going out of business in our area, I'm sure Santa can find a good deal (wink)!  I already know I will need to make more bags after the holidays, along with more tags.  I'm itchin' for the day after Christmas sales! 

Maybe you too can work toward a more sensible, frugal option for your holiday wrapping?

Toodles....

5 comments:

  1. Love the tags and what a great idea to laminate them so they can be used again and again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie! I can't take all of the credit, though, it was my DIL Gabby who suggested laminated tags! I haven't been around much since my dad's stroke but hope you and your family are doing well!

      Delete
    2. We are all doing well. I think that as I age there is more going on with my health than I would want, but I try my best to keep healthy.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. The bag is cute! I have tons of Christmas fabric already. I have almost entirely eliminated the Christmas fuss. Each of my two sons gets one gift, and his stocking. If I spend less than a certain amount, they get the difference in cash. No one around here wants to eliminate THAT paper! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I agree! I don't care how many times that paper is recycled as long as it ends it's life with me!

      Delete