Sunday, June 7, 2015


A routine doctor appointment yesterday revealed some unsettling test results.  I have to have more testing in a few weeks.  Quite honestly, this surprise has me more concerned than most of my other issues.  Any prayers and good thoughts would be most appreciated!


It took a while (more on that in a minute), but it is finally finished.  I. ABSOLUTELY. LOVE. IT!

I cannibalized the handles and the heart from old purses.  Additionally, I pulled out the magnets from my old purse and used them as the closure on this purse.  They are STRONG magnets and the purse stays closed wonderfully.  Using that type of closure, however, required a bit of "improvising" on my part...but it was well worth it! 

You can't really see it in this photo, but the silver handle clasps that I took from my old purse are peeling.  I put those parts of the handles in the back and will look for replacements.

The inside of this bag has a TON of pockets!  Oops, just spotted some threads that need clipping!  Tomorrow I hope to make a zipper pouch out of the same fabrics to hold all of my medications securely.  The pouch I have now is quite beat up.

In the face of "true disclosure", LOL, I did make two mistakes in sewing...which I didn't notice until I turned the bag inside out.  I fixed the missed areas with Liquid Stitch.  All in all, not bad for my first try at making a handbag.