Wednesday, October 22, 2014

ALMOST A RUNNER...


...for my kitchen island this Christmas!  Yesterday was the last class.  I had a GREAT time!


The pattern actually calls for a 4" border all the way around and then the binding.  However, when I took the runner down to my island, I discovered that if I did add the 4" border it would be longer than my island and proportionately too wide. 

So I am calling it "completely pieced" at this point and will begin the "stitch in the ditch" quilting tomorrow.  Hopefully by the weekend this will be done.  Then I will consider making a "non-Christmas" one for my folks/aunt for a Christmas gift.  They have a huge island and mom mentioned they would like to find an "everyday" runner for on top of the granite.  I think I may have some batiks in their colors.  Their island is much larger than mine, so the full size runner would be perfect. 

Toodles...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, a wonderful runner, you did a brilliant job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melody! The class was wonderful and I learned techniques that will make all of my quilting from this point forward easier. To think I have been doing things the hard way for SO long!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that looks very, very, nice.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete