Wednesday, November 18, 2015

MAKING A LITTLE PROGRESS...


I have made some progress on the "little guy's" quilt.  Although I have a "general" idea in my head of how I would like it to look...a lot is being dictated by the size of the shirts that I have to work with.  The supply of clothing I was given runs the gamut from newborn to 2T.  I still have quite a bit of clothing to go through.  In addition to utilizing the "cute" part on the front of the shirts, I am cutting out plain squares of the back of the shirt to place between the 4.5" squares.  The charm packs at the bottom will be used to make pinwheels to fill out the quilt to a double size.  I think I am going to use dark blue as the color for the sashing and the background of the pinwheels.

This quilt has been a LOT of fun so far! 

Hmmm...I just realized that the photo above is backwards!  Don't quite know how I did that.  Talented, I guess!

Stay tuned as I make more progress in the coming weeks.  Fortunately, there is absolutely NO time frame on this project so I can work on it at my leisure.

Toodles...

5 comments:

  1. Looks really good, love the elephant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like loads of fun and by not having a time line you can really have a great time with this one.

      God bless.

      Delete