Friday, March 15, 2019

NOT ALL SEWING...


For the past few weeks I have been working on this afghan.  It isn't perfect (little balls don't line up) but I love it anyway!  I have been working on this off and on (more off than on) over the past 5-6 years.  It is relaxing to watch TV while my hands are somewhere off in their own little world creating something pretty and useful. When finished, it will be cozy, warm and HEAVY!  Maybe it will even provide a little anxiety relief along with warmth?


The little bit of sewing that I HAVE done is a new topper for my foyer table.  I know I am a bit "late" for this St. Patrick's Day (I will never get it finished in the next two days), but it will be all ready to go for next year!  I have had a lot of fun with this project as I determined that it should be made completely from on-hand supplies.  Limitations force creativity...which means more FUN!  I don't have any more of the fabric used in my St. Paddy's Day 12" mini quilt, but I was able to find fabric that pulled out some of the supporting shades of green in the piece.  I will outline the clover in a brighter green to coincide with the main green of the mini quilt.  I hope to use outline quilting and a dense stippling to make the clover really POP! 

These two projects have led to quite a bit of unprovoked smiling, even when doing laundry...and anything that can link smiling to wash is a good thing!  Have a wonderful SPD, all!

Toodles...

2 comments:

  1. I love knitting in the evening. My hands just go and I can think of something else (unless it is a confusing pattern of course). Love the colours!!

    The topper will be great once it is completed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete