Tuesday, September 1, 2020

GOOD TO THE LAST SCRAP...



You have already seen how I used scraps to make the thin border on my It's A Girl quilt.  What did I do with the remaining pieces?


I LOVE THESE COLORS and I did not want to let them go to waste.  So, I sewed the individual pieces onto a square of fabric.  Then I sewed vertical and horizontal lines to try to "catch" as many of the raw edges as I could.  Next came a coating of Mod Podge for Fabric to keep all of the raw edges from fraying.



I desperately needed a new "med bag" to hold all of my pills, insulin, glucose tabs, epipen, etc.  This bag is absolutely PERFECT!  It is plenty big enough to hold everything and the pretty fabric makes dealing with all of my medical issues at least a little less painful.  All in all....A WIN!!!








 

3 comments:

  1. What a great project to use every little bit up. I have never heard of fabric Mod Podge. Now I am going to have to look for it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gave the fabric a bit of a sheen but it isn’t stiff, and I made it big enough to handle more if needed (horrors)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olá, bom dia. Eu fiz uma campanha para arrecadar fundos para voltar para minha Terra. Se você puder colaborar clique:
    https://www.kickante.com.br/campanhas/lupus-fibromialgia-nao-consigo-trabalhar
    Que Deus te dê em dobro.

    ReplyDelete