Friday, January 8, 2021

MY SECOND WEAVING PROJECT...


With the start of 2021 I wanted to try something new on my loom.  I am determined to spend more time crafting.  Losing myself in creating things that are both useful and, hopefully, beautiful calms me and provides me with a sense of accomplishment. 

The smaller multicolored piece was intended to be a dish towel.  I knew it would shrink a bit with washing, but the 100% cotton shrunk way more than expected.  A dear friend suggested I use it in a bread basket.  It will be perfect for that use!  

I used the remainder of the warp thread (vertical string) on my loom to make a table topper.  Because I used solid white weft thread (horizontal string) the piece came out much lighter in color than the bread basket piece.  It is really amazing how using variations of weft (horizontal) thread can change the look of the woven project!

I can’t wait to start my next project!

Toodles...


2 comments:

  1. They both look lovely. Some day in the distant future I may sneak a loom into the house, but for right now I think the Cricut, the embroidery machine, the knitting machine, 3 sewing machines and 2 overlock/sergers are more than enough to go on with for awhile.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie! The loom is so much fun and so relaxing. I am sure you would love it!

      Delete