Thursday, November 1, 2012

FINALLY, A FINISH!

Well, it is finally done!  My "Memories of Myrtle" quilt is finished and ready for snuggling.  


Attaching the buttons was really straight-forward and easy on my machine.  So much so, that I didn't even bother doing a practice button!   I must be getting daring in my old age, lol.  By dinner time yesterday the embellishments were all sewn on, the quilt was labeled and it was folded over the arm of the sofa waiting for someone to wrap themselves in its warmth. Now that Hurricane Sandy is over I can't wait for the patio furniture to be moved back out of our family room so that I can sit before a wonderful cozy fire, all wrapped up in this snuggly goodness! 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely finished quilt. It is so easy to use the machine to put on buttons. Hopefully your family room gets back to being a family room very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie!

      My son put all of the furniture back out on the patio...so tomorrow I hope to get my quilting tables up and start the sandwiching!

      Delete