Tuesday, June 24, 2014

SPOONFLOWER...SMOOTH...............




Have you guys heard of Spoonflower?  It is an online design company.  You can submit your own personal designs/photos/drawings and have them printed on fabric (multiple kinds), wallpaper, decals and wrapping paper!

It has probably been a year or more now since I submitted a couple of designs.  Just on a lark, nothing I had intended to purchase yards and yards of at that time.  And so my account, and my designs, have sat all this time.

A couple of weeks ago I got an email offering me a sample of their new "faux suede" material.  I could pick any design I wanted (mine or others) to have printed in the faux suede.  After a bit of trouble finding my password (told you it's been a while, lol) I ordered a piece of my "Heat Wave" design.  And then I promptly forgot all about it until my sample arrived a few days ago.



This FABRIC is gorgeous.  I love the feel of the faux suede.  I wasn't too happy with my "design" in person...it wasn't "quirky" enough, lol.  But the fabric?  Oh My.   I LOVE IT !  I keep running the fabric over my cheek.  It is just so SMOOTH, and somehow...comforting.  Maybe it is taking me back to the days of soft flannel receiving blankets when J was a baby, but this fabric could become permanently attached to my face if I don't control myself, lol. 

So last night when I couldn't sleep I signed onto my Spoonflower account and changed up the design a bit.  Definitely more "quirky".  Wanna peek?

  http://www.spoonflower.com/spelunks?type=designers&view=designs&shop=designers&q=jusmom1&x=14&y=15

I think I am going to order myself another "swatch" of the new design in faux suede.  I could use a new pouch for storing sewing notions and I think the two 8 x 8 swatches should be enough fabric for the outside.  Although a faux suede eye cover for keeping out the light when my migraines are bad would sure be nice.  Decisions.  Decisions. 

Oh, this is FUN!  I only wish I was better at using computer technology to get the ideas floating in my head onto the Spoonflower website.  Maybe some day!

6 comments:

  1. Very cool fabric design, good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mara. It was so much fun! I've ordered a swatch of the new design in faux suede. Now my only decision is pouch or eye covers, lol.

      Delete
  2. Love the new version of your design , Lin, it looks like a kind of basketweave pattern.

    So glad you are up and about again. Your holiday looked lovely.

    Rinty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rinty,
      I am SO HAPPY to hear from you! Please drop me a line when you get a chance! I want to hear about everything!

      Thanks! I am really loving it too! I had a credit on my account so I ordered a swatch in the faux suede. I can't wait to sew with it!

      Our holiday was lovely. Just what we needed.

      Delete
  3. I love Spoonflower. I'll have to give this product a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the faux suede. I will let you know how it is to sew with!

      Delete