Wednesday, June 13, 2018

IT'S BLOOMING AT MY HOUSE...


Thanks to my wonderful Sister-In-Law, I have enough roses pieced to finish the centerpieces for my future daughter-in-law's bridal shower.  Each rose consists of 6 separate pieces that have been embroidered on my sewing machine.  With my hand tremors, it can be quite difficult for me to sew on a button, let alone piece together these flowers.  When I decided on these I didn't expect to be doing so much hand sewing.  The instructions said you could glue the pieces, but I just couldn't make the glue work properly.  So hand sewing it had to be!  My Sister-In-Law came over and we had a day of fun stitching in my sewing room.  I think she stuck herself once.  Me...SIX separate punctures.  Thankfully only one bled.  I was careful not to get the blood on the rose, but these roses really are "blood red" so nobody would be the wiser, LOL! 

I will need 8 of these centerpieces for the shower...so I'm half way there!  Then I can fill the favors (which are finished constructing, whew!) and sew a chair cover for the Soon To Be Mrs.!  I sure bit off a lot with this shower, but she is worth every bite of it...and more! 

Off to work on the next one...

Toodles...

4 comments:

  1. They are turning out beautifully!! Lots of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! They are really fun to make!

      Delete
  2. The roses are lovely. You do exquisite work. I love the pattern.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie! In all honesty, the sewing machine does the majority...I just had to turn the pieces into flowers and make the bouquet with the cream flowers, LOL.

      Delete