Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Handcrafting A Bridal Shower.................


This is a re-creation of what the guests saw when they entered the vestibule of the banquet hall.  I say "re-creation" because not ONE of us remembered to take a photo of the vignette either before, during, or after the shower!  I just can't believe it!  In addition to what you see here, I had a series of 3 photo frames sitting in front.  The first frame was a photo of my dear son and grandson (carrying a pot of mums) walking into the park where their engagement photos were taken.  The second frame was my grandson bent over a tablet, crayon in hand, pot of mums nearby, while my dear future daughter-in-law knelt next to him...grinning from ear to ear.  The final frame held a photo of my grandson completing his writing, with a very legible "She Said Yes" filling the tablet page!  It was SO cute!  I could have placed them in the above photo, but for safety reasons I hesitate to share quite that much.

Everyone loved the centerpieces and could not believe that each red rose was made from a series of six machine embroidered freestanding lace components sewn together to form the flower.  They were definitely worth every drop of blood, sweat and tears!


The favors, shown above, were also a hit with the guests.  I think my decision not to wrap the baskets in tule was a good one.  Guests could be seen munching on the "hugs" and "kisses" while Gabrielle opened her gifts.


Gabrielle loved the pink camo chair cover, as did everyone else!  Guests could not believe that the letters were actually embroidered onto the cream background.   After the gifts were opened and the bride-to-be no longer occupied the chair, guests requested that the cover be passed from table to table so that they could see the embroidery and free motion quilting up close.


The last gift that she opened contained the pink camo garter I had made.  Eight years ago when J and G had first dated they were both crazy about camo, he with original green and she with pink.  Fast forward to the present and them "finding each other again" (this time for good) and the love of camo (and each other) is still there.  However, growth and maturity have nixed the "camo wedding" idea in favor of more traditional decor.  But that doesn't mean she didn't want "something" pink camo in her wedding, LOL.  On the big day, G will wear two garters, an ivory one to throw and this pink camo one to hold onto forever.

I know Gabby had an "amazing afternoon" at the shower.  I just hope my efforts, in some way, convey just how much I love this young woman and how grateful I am that both she and her adorable little boy have become a part of our family.  She is the daughter of my heart and he is the grandson of my dreams.  I am truly blessed.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a wonderful handcrafted shower!! You did very well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jackie! I truly had fun planning, crafting and enjoying the celebration. Gabby knew the date of the shower (she had to take off from work) and she was a nervous wreck about being the "center of attention", not something she is at all comfortable with. However once she started opening the gifts she relaxed, let her hair down, and the room was abuzz with talking, joking and laughter. She seemed to thoroughly enjoy herself!

      Delete
  2. You’ve very talented to have organized such an impressive and beautiful bridal shower. The decorations are really amazing the entire setup looks great in these pictures. I also helped to make arrangements for my best friend’s bridal shower which we celebrated yesterday. Now we’ll be waiting for her wedding next month at one of the famous Chicago venues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Enjoy your friend's wedding!

      Delete