Saturday, July 6, 2019

REPURPOSING...


AGES ago my dear daughter-in-law asked me to use an old pair of sweat pants to make her a bolster type pillow.  She said, "Just cut the leg off, stuff it, and sew it shut."  No.  I just can't bring myself to do that.  The leg tapers, and once she begins using it how will she clean it? 

So, as you can see above, I cut the applique off, squared it up, added fabric to top and bottom of it and added a zipper on the back! 



Here it is all finished!  For stuffing I tore apart an old pillow.  I made a "sock" type bag out of some interfacing I was given for free.  When I tried to stitch it closed the interfacing began to shred with the pressure of pulling it tight.  What is the mother of a MacGyver type geek to do?  I grabbed masking tape (not duct tape, sorry Mac) and wound it around the form!  I've taken it in and out of the pillow twice and it is still holding it's shape nicely! 

The pillow is the perfect combination of support and squish.  I've already wrapped it up for her birthday at the end of the summer.  I sure hope she likes it!

Toodles...

No comments:

Post a Comment