Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A BODY AND SOUL NEED REST...

 

Sometimes life can get hectic, stressful, exhausting and downright NUTS!  That is how things have been around here lately and tonight I have reached a point where I need to forget all of the "need to's", "have to's", "shoulda's", "coulda's" and "woulda's"....and just concentrate on resting and restoring.  I need some time to simply "BE".

In the past 3 weeks, along with my daily chronic pain, fatigue and neurologic issues, I have undergone 3 MRIs, had 3 doctor appointments, accompanied my dad to his cardiologist appointment and echocardiogram, had a growth removed from my back, suffered a horrendous bout of either food poisoning or a viral GI bug last night...with way too much time spent kneeling before or sitting upon the throne, kept tabs on my dear brother-in-law who was undergoing a medical procedure today, and tonight have tended to my dear hubby who is also not feeling well.  We were supposed to be visiting dear brother-in-law at the hospital today, but as we are both feeling under the weather we thought it best to stay home. 

On Tuesday the first man I ever loved will enter the hospital to have yet another cancer removed from his lung.  Barring any contagious illness that I wouldn't want to pass on to my dad, I will be going with my mom to the hospital for the five days until he is discharged...again only if I am completely well.  At 80 years of age, with two totally different types of cancer, and in the immediate post surgical period from lung surgery Dad CERTAINLY doesn't need what we have had!

In the midst of all of this I have also been gathering copies of my most recent records to forward to my lawyer in preparation for my Social Security Disability Hearing in May.

There comes a point where you just have to cry "Uncle"!

So tonight, after tucking my dear, sweet, long-suffering hubby into bed, I brewed myself a piping hot mug of Earl Grey tea,


found the Nature with Tchaikovsky CD on my MP3 player,


snuggled myself into my favorite "Wooby" sweater


and started this post.

Outside the wind is howling, but in My Scrappy Happy Place the birds tweet and oceans roar in perfect harmony with the soothing strains of Tchaikovsky; while Earl Grey and Wooby warm me inside and out.


With a sigh of contentment I close my eyes and lose myself in the peace of knowing that I already have it all...and with the Lord and my loving family at my side I can handle anything. 


2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for your Dad.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie! It means more than you know.

      Delete