Saturday, June 29, 2013

MY PROTOTYPE WORKED OUT EVEN BETTER THAN I HAD HOPED !!!!!

SUCCESS!!!  I am just SO excited!!

About 10 days ago I mentioned that I had an idea to solve one of my sewing annoyances and that I had begun to make some more hexies to try to solve the problem. 





I continued making hexies and sewing them together, watching the vision in my head take shape on the table before me.   It took over a week to do the stitching, but I kept at it any time I was able.




Of course I wouldn't know until my prototype was completely finished whether or not my brilliant design would truly work as I had hoped.

Well, I finally finished the stitching and it works BEAUTIFULLY!  I am so happy with how it turned out!  I will soon be making another one as a Christmas gift for my mom, or maybe another one for me before I start hers, (giggle); this time photographing the process and writing up my first pattern as I go along. 

Since this is my first pattern I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to start, but I figure I will learn as I go along.  After all, necessity is the mother of invention and this one ROCKS!

1 comment: