Thank you, Mary Ann, from Little House On The Dairy for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Before I go any further I suggest you click on the link above and check out Mary Ann's blog. Her blog is just chock full, with two adorable kiddos, a beautiful home on a former dairy, sewing and homemaking stuff galore! I know Mary Ann's goal is to focus her blog on her creative sewing, but.... oh how I just love to read about all of her other "homey" stuff too. I would have loved to have lived the life she is living when Dear Hubby and I were her age! Yes, Mary Ann...I'm jealous, lol.
On to the Liebster Award. I'm going to be quite honest. Until Mary Ann nominated me...I hadn't a clue. But, the thought that she chose to nominate me for ANYTHING is quite an honor. My little blog is but a small extension of my life...and sometimes it still totally amazes me that people choose to follow along! Thank you, Mary Ann, from the bottom of my heart.
Anyway, back to the Liebster. Liebster Award nominations are given to "new" blogs with the intent of generating more readership. I did a search for information on the Liebster Award and discovered that there are "numerous" variations on the nomination process. The process that Mary Ann is following is actually quite simple:
- Inform the person who nominated you whether you "accept" the nomination or choose to "decline".
- If you choose to accept the nomination:
- Write a blog post announcing your nomination and include a link back to the blog that nominated you.
- Answer the 10 questions the nominating blogger posed to you.
- Also within the blog post list 10 blogs (with under 200 followers each) that you nominate and list the questions you would like them to answer.
- Notify the 10 blogs you nominate of their Liebster nomination.
So here are the questions Mary Ann posed:
1. Why do you blog? Back in October 2011 I retired from work as a result of health issues. I originally began my blog as a way to chronicle the ups and downs of my day to day life (figuring I would need the information for my Social Security Disability claim). I soon realized, however, that by focusing on what I could accomplish, no matter how small and no matter how long it took, I was feeling less depressed and was appreciating the life I still had more...even though it was drastically different from the one I envisioned. The blog was keeping my outlook positive! Recently a follower who also suffers from disabilities contacted me to thank me for being an inspiration to him. It's amazing to me that my tiny sliver of the vast world wide web has proven to be a positive influence on another. The world wide web can be a web of support, and for that reason alone I will keep on blogging.
2, Who is the one person who can always make you smile and why? Oh, that's an easy one...Dear Hubby. We have been married for 28 years and he has been with me through thick and thin. These days I am a lot "thicker" than I was when we were married, lol. But every day it's the "little things" that he does to remind me just how much he loves me. There are so MANY things...that I am constantly being reminded of his love (and that makes me smile)...a song (sometimes I will answer the phone and all I hear is our wedding song playing on the radio), a note, an email, a cup of my favorite coffee he stops and buys me on the way home from work, the running jokes, etc. He is my best friend.
3. If you could go anywhere for a week where would you go? Another easy one...North Myrtle Beach. It is our favorite place to vacation and it is WARM (unlike the snow outside my window)!
4. What is the best book you read recently? Although I have always been an avid reader, I haven't been reading much recently. I guess my most recent book completed is The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini.
5. What is your dream job? I would love to own a book store, or maybe a quilt shop.
6. What would you eat at your perfect meal? Roast beef, mashed potatoes and green beans.
7. What is the most challenging part of your creative process? Technique. My designs are always WAY beyond what I should really be attempting, given the level of my technique.
8. Describe yourself in 3 words. Loving, Loyal, Funny.
9. If you could have one super power what would it be? The ability to make people caring.
10. Do you have any pets? What kinds? Due to our son's asthma growing up we have never had any pets, well unless you want to count his fish...that Mom took care of, lol. They have been gone for YEARS already.
I'VE NOMINATED: (We are supposed to list blogs with less than 200 followers. I tried to verify the number of followers for each blog, but some do not list their numbers. Consequently, some of these blogs may have more than 200 followers, but, even so, more followers is a good thing!)
1. In The Land of the Living Skies II
3. Sister's Choice Quilts
4. Hazelnut Deux
5. Make It Do
6. Liv's Swedish Home
7. A Life Beyond Money
8. The Yvestown Blog
9. Dutch Comfort
THE QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD ANSWER:
1. Why do you blog? (An oldie but goodie!)
2. At what age did you discover you loved being creative?
3. What is your most recent creative endeavor?
4. Do you like warm weather or cold? Why?
5. What is your cheapest meal?
6. Do you like to use brights or pastels in your crafting?
7. How did you come up with your blog name?
8. Is anyone else in your family creative? Who?
9. Do you prefer books or ebooks?
10. What is your favorite type of vacation...hotel, camping, cruising, etc.?